2019 Franklin-Simpson Hall of Fame Class Named
Community is invited to celebration to honor 2019 HOF Inductees April 25th at FSHS
Simpson County Schools and Franklin-Simpson High School will be celebrating the induction of the seventh class in the Franklin-Simpson Hall of Fame on Thursday, April 25, 2019. The event is being held at FSHS starting at 5 PM. We will begin the induction ceremony at 5:30 PM in the Commons Area adjacent to our new gymnasium. A reception will follow the ceremony. We invite you to join us as we celebrate our school community’s rich heritage and these distinguished recipients of the Hall of Fame recognition.
The Franklin-Simpson Hall of Fame 2019 Inductees:
David Almand, Educator and Athletic Official
Robert Brizendine, Federal Bankruptcy Judge
Kenneth Holt, Community Volunteer and Leader
*Homer Neal, Renowned Physicist and Educator
*Leon and Lassie Page, Bankers and Community Leaders
* posthumous recipient
FSHS and the Simpson County Schools have a rich history and many alumni who have distinguished themselves, as well as many others who have made significant contributions to our school system. Last April, we celebrated the induction of the sixth class of the Franklin-Simpson Hall of Fame with a ceremony which recognized Businessman, Farmer and former School Board Member Don Halcomb; Businessman and Community Volunteer Lemuel Johnson; Educator Mary Lou Mathews; Businessman and former Magistrate Charles McCutchen, Sr.; and NASA Rocket Scientist Dave Wagner.
Previous inductees include:
· Physician Dr. David Patterson
· Kentucky Educational Leader Dr. Leon Mooneyhan
· PGA Professional Golfer Kenny Perry
· Former FSHS Principal and Franklin Mayor Ronnie Clark
· Entrepreneur and Businessman Brad Kelley
· Actress Annie Potts
· Former English Teacher Mary Ann Fleming Copas
· Football Coach Joe “Joker” Phillips
· Educator and Coach Denver Bell
· Inventor and Educator Dr. Frank Etscorn
· Educational Administrator Joe Phillips
· Former Voice of the Wildcats and Simpson County Jailer James Mooneyhan.
· Businessman, City Commissioner, and current Franklin Mayor Larry Dixon
· Executive Director of the KY Commission on Human Rights John J. Johnson
· Educators Joe and Ann Rose Richards
· Executive Director of the Franklin-Simpson Chamber of Commerce, Businessman, and “Mr. Wildcat” Steve Thurmond
· Educator and Coach Hugh Crowdus (posthumous)
· Attorney Tim Crocker
· Mechanical and Aerospace Engineer Ronald Henderson
· Doctor of Nursing Practice Dr. Debbie Drake-Davis
· Businessman and former Professional Athlete Lester Boyd.
“This is a time to celebrate our graduates who have distinguished themselves and others who made a difference for our school system,” said Superintendent Jim Flynn. “We look forward to celebrating this class of inductees with a wonderful ceremony and reception in their honor.”
Annually, the school district will add another class to the Hall of Fame, which will be located in the Commons Area of FSHS, which is a beautiful area to highlight the Hall of Fame Inductees.
The rules for nominations to the Franklin-Simpson Hall of Fame:
· Graduates of any Simpson County School will be considered. Non-graduates and graduates from outside Simpson County will be considered based on extraordinary contribution to the Franklin-Simpson community.
· Nomination shall include the completed nomination form and may include up to 5 letters of recommendation (no more than 2 pages), and any other documentation deemed appropriate (not to exceed 5 pages).
· A nomination shall be considered for a three-year period or until induction, whichever occurs first. A nominee not selected during the three-year period may be re-nominated for additional three-year periods.
· The superintendent of schools on a yearly basis will appoint the selection committee.
· The selection committee will determine the number of inductees each year.