The faculty and staff at Franklin Elementary are busy preparing for another great year and we look forward to having our students, parents, and community members as part of our FES family. Franklin Elementary is home to Kids First Daycare, Head Start, Preschool and Kindergarten. We are so excited to be involved with The Leader in Me Program that introduces students to the principles of The 7 Habits of Happy Kids by Sean Covey. The Leader in Me Program is designed to help students be successful both in and out of the classroom. Students will participate in activities that will teach them basic life skills that will develop a well-rounded child and help them thrive.
Our staff takes pride in providing a safe, caring, and nurturing learning environment that embraces each child and utilizes instructional strategies that allow each child to excel. Franklin Elementary has a comprehensive assessment system that allows us to make instructional changes that benefit each and every child. We have an abundance of technology that supports instruction. Each classroom is equipped with computers, iPads and Activeboards that enhance student learning. In addition, the school houses a media lab and a media center with work stations.
We are so proud of the success of our students and staff. Franklin Elementary surpassed the goals set for our school in reading and math, and we are committed to academic excellence and making Franklin Elementary an exemplary school. For additional information on “School Readiness,” please go to http://kidsnow.ky.gov
Parents, we are asking you to make a commitment to your child and become an active member in your child’s education. Here are just a few of the activities in which you can participate: PTO, parent volunteer, Leader in Me, and Title 1 Reading events. PTO is a great way to plug in and get involved.We will have PTO representatives present during our orientation who will be more than happy to share all the wonderful things we have planned for this school year.
STUDENT ENROLLMENT INFORMATION – REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS ENTERING KINDERGARTEN
- PHYSICAL EXAMINATION – Due at time of enrollment. The exam must be completed on the Preventative Health Care Examination Form within one year PRIOR to entry into kindergarten.
- CURRENT IMMUNIZATION CERTIFICATE – Due at time of enrollment.
- CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE (copy only) – A copy of the birth certificate must be presented within the first 30 days of enrollment. Copies of the hospital record of birth or wallet cards cannot be accepted. An application is available to those needing a certified copy at http://chfs.ky.gov/dph/vital/birthcert.htm
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS– Within the first 30 days of school, a copy of the student’s social security card must be presented for enrollment.
- VISION EXAMINATION – An optometrist or ophthalmologist must complete the exam on the Kentucky Eye Examination Form for School Entry. This must be submitted to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that the child is enrolled in public schools, public preschool or Head Start.
- DENTAL EXAM – The exam must be completed on the Kentucky Dental Screening/Examination Form for School Entry. This must be submitted to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that a 5 or 6-year-old is enrolled in public school.