Hello SCS Families! We will be having a SCS Wave Parade on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday of this week! I am sure some of you have seen the wave parades done by the various schools in the last few weeks. A wave parade is where teachers drive in their cars around the different neighborhoods in their districts and wave to their students. Teachers decorate their cars and students and parents hold up signs and wave as they come by. From the videos that I have seen, it seems like a fun time for all involved!
The SCS Wave Parades will start around 3:00 pm each day! We are so excited to be able to do this for the students, parents, and community of Simpson County! This is an unprecedented time and we are all doing the best we can to make the best of it. We are all in this together and this wave parade is a great way to show this!
The safety of everyone is one of our biggest concerns during the wave parades! As we pass by your neighborhood and/or house, please do not gather with other families. Please stay on your front porch and/or yard only. It is important that we do not have any gathering of any kind during the wave parades. Families can also make signs and posters to wave as we pass by if you would like.
Our goal is to hit the majority of Simpson County over the course of these three days! Below are the neighborhoods that we will visit each day! Each neighborhood listed will be visited on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday so that we give everyone a chance to experience this. If we aren’t coming by your house, find a safe space in one of the neighborhoods listed to join us for the wave parade but remember, do not gather with any other families during this time!
Be sure to be looking for us around 3:00 pm if we will be in your neighborhood! We miss our school kiddos so much and this is a great way for us to see them! As always, stay safe Simpson County!!
Routes for the Wave Parade
**These neighborhoods will be visited Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week by teachers from different schools in the district! Be sure to attend one or all of the parades this week! We can’t wait to see you!!**
- BLACKBERRY RIDGE
- WALNUT AND POPLAR STREETS
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD ACROSS FROM SIMPSON
- SENG STREET AND NEIGHBORHOOD
- WESTWOODS SUBDIVISION
- PEPPER STREET
- WEST CEDAR
- HIGH STREET, FRANKLIN AVENUE, LIBERTY STREET
- BRECKENRIDGE STREET ACROSS 1008 DOWN MORRIS STREET
- STREETS BETWEEN MORRIS AND CHERRY STREET
- CHERRY STREET ACROSS THE TRACKS TO LEMON AND ORANGE
- THE APTS.
- OUT TO GARVIN POINTE APTS. AT EXIT SIX.
- BACK INTO TOWN AND GO DOWN E. MADISON STREET
- EAST CEDAR TO EAST STREET
- STREETS AROUND GREENLAWN CEMETERY
- COTTAGE LANE
- RUTHERFORD AVENUE AND SIDE STREETS
- QUAIL RIDGE
- HUNTINGTON PARK
- WINDY CIRCLE
- BRODERSON TRAILER PARK
- STRAWBERRY LAND, SPEARS AVENUE, MARK STREET
- EAST CEDAR TO TOWN
- HARRISTOWN AND GRAINGER VILLAGE
- BREVARD STREET MCGOODWIN AVENUE AND HIGH STREET
- WESTVIEW HEIGHTS
- AKIN AVENUE
- PATTON SUBDIVISION
- SALEM AND WINSTON STREETS
- CAMBRIDGE TRACE
- COUNTRY CLUB ESTATES
- NEW SUBDIVISION NORTH OF COUNTRY CLUB ESTATES