FSHS Hall of Fame Nominations Open
Simpson County Schools wants to celebrate its alumni and significant contributors and school officials need your help. The school district will recognize its seventh class to the Hall of Fame in the fall of 2019. The F-S Hall of Fame is located in the Commons Area of FSHS, which is a beautiful area to highlight the Hall of Fame Inductees.
The 2019 induction will consist of a ceremony at the school with a reception to follow. FSHS and the Simpson County Schools have a rich history and many alumni who have distinguished themselves, as well as many others who have made significant contributions to our school system.
Previous inductees include: educator and coach William Hugh Crowdus (posthumous), attorney Tim Crocker, mechanical and aerospace engineer Ronald D. Henderson, Doctor of Nursing Practice Debbie Drake-Davis, professional athlete and businessman Lester Boyd, businessman and City Commissioner Larry Dixon; Executive Director of the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights John J. Johnson; educators Joe and Ann Rose Richards; Executive Director of the Franklin Simpson Chamber of Commerce and “Mr. Wildcat” Steve Thurmond; educator and coach Denver Bell; inventor and educator Dr. Frank Etscorn; educational administrator Joe Phillips; the Voice of the Wildcats and former Simpson County Jailer James Mooneyhan; educator Mary Ann Fleming Copas; businessman and entrepreneur Brad Kelley; football coach Joe “Joker” Phillips, Jr.; actress Annie Potts; physician Dr. David Patterson; Kentucky educational leader Dr. Leon Mooneyhan; PGA Professional Golfer Kenny Perry; and former FSHS Principal and former Franklin Mayor Ronnie Clark, Don Halcomb, Businessman, Farmer and former School Board and SBDM Council Member; Lemuel Johnson, Businessman; Mary Lou Mathews, Retired Educator; Charlie McCutchen, Sr., Businessman and Former County Magistrate; Dave Wagner, NASA Rocket Scientist.
Nominations for the F-S Hall of Fame may be submitted by January 10th to the superintendent’s office located at 430 S. College Street, Franklin, KY 42134. Nomination forms may be picked up at the Central Office or by going to https://5il.co/bpin
The rules for nominations to the Franklin-Simpson Hall of Fame:
· Graduates of any Simpson County School will be considered. Non-graduates and graduates from outside Simpson County will be considered based on extraordinary contribution to the Franklin-Simpson community.
· Nomination shall include the completed nomination form and may include up to 5 letters of recommendation (no more than 2 pages), and any other documentation deemed appropriate (not to exceed 5 pages).
· A nomination shall be considered for a three-year period or until induction, whichever occurs first. A nominee not selected during the three-year period may be re-nominated for additional three-year periods.
· The selection committee will be appointed by the superintendent of schools on a yearly basis.
· The selection committee will determine the number of inductees each year.