The Franklin-Simpson High School Youth Service Center assists students and their families overcome obstacles that may stand in the way of successful student learning.
The Youth Service Center serves many families and students throughout the year. The center is here as a resource for all students regardless of income. The Youth Service Center Coordinator works with the principal, assistant principals, counselors and teachers to better assist students. Confidentiality is always a high priority of the center.
· Referral to health and social services
· Referral to substance abuse services
· Referral to mental health services
· Dropout prevention
· Education and support for pregnant teens and teen parents
· Summer and part-time job development
· Advisory Council to discuss center activities
· Lending Library for teens and parents
· School supply closet
· Clothing closet for emergency purposes
· Link youth and their families with community resources
· Mentor to all students