Simpson County Schools – Overall Score 61.4 – Proficient Rating
With the release of this year’s KPREP results, Simpson County has much to celebrate!
- The district achieved an accountability of score of 61.4 and received a Proficient rating.
- The district’s percentile ranking increased from 45th to 86th – the Top 14% in the State.
- Franklin-Simpson High School achieved a score of 71.8 and is classified as a Distinguished School!
- Franklin-Simpson High School’s performance placed it in the Top 3% of all high schools and ranked 12th in the entire state!
- FSHS is also the #1 ranked high school in our region!
- Franklin-Simpson Middle School achieved a Proficient Rating with a score of 60.4 and its percentile rank increased from the 45th to the 77th which is in the Top 23% of Kentucky middle schools!
Superintendent Flynn explained, “Overall, I am very pleased with our results. FSHS achieving a Distinguished rating, scoring tops in the region among high schools, and in the Top 3% statewide is an amazing achievement! I am proud of our middle school results as well! Collectively, our district is now rated as a Proficient district! Though our elementary results are not where we want them, I am confident we are working in the right direction to achieve significant improvements. In my visits to our schools, I see so many amazing and talented students, caring and committed staff members, and lots of evidence of our community’s support! We must continue working together to achieve our vision to be a world-class educational system empowering all students to graduate LIFE-READY - academically and socially prepared for college and/or careers!”