Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

Art III and IV Syllabus


Mrs. Angie Yarano, Art Teacher


Room 121

 (270) 586-3273 ext. 163


Course Description


Art III and IV are designed for students who show a strong interest in the visual arts and have completed Art II with a “B” average.  This course will provide students with opportunities to produce both two and three-dimensional works of art.

This is a disciplined-based art education program utilizing all four components of art history, production, aesthetics and criticism/self-reflection.


Supplies and fees


There is a $5.00 supply fee per trimester (most students will have art class for two trimesters)

Pencils!!!! Please bring a pencil to class every day!!!

Spiral lined notebook for taking notes (this does not have to be anything fancy or big)


Optional supplies


Fine black sharpie

Ultra fine black sharpie

Sketchbook for practice and ideas (Spiral sketchbooks seem to work best)




  1. All assignments must be completed on or before the due date. If your project requires extra time to complete, you have to make arrangements with me prior to the due date.
  2. Each day after the due date your grade will be lowered up to ten points.
  3. Unfinished work will not be accepted.
  4. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to make up all work.  This includes bell ringer assignments.
  5. Even though art can be subjective, grading your art is objective: each project has a rubric with specific requirements and guidelines so you will know what is expected from you before you ever get started.
  6. Approximately 70% of your final grade will come from project work. The other 30% will be come from class participation, quizzes, bell ringers and writing piece.