Board Of Education
2013 Simpson County Board of Education: (L to R)
Wes Stone, Brigette Crawford, Heidi Estes, Supt. Jim Flynn, Vice Chairperson Debbie Hudson and Chairperson David Webster
Simpson County Schools Comprehensive District Improvement Plan:
LOCAL BOARD OF EDUCATION MEMBERS
NAMED TO COMMISSIONER’S ADVISORY COUNCIL
( FRANKFORT, Ky.) – Today, Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday announced the ten local board of education members who will serve on his Local School Board Member Advisory Council (LSBMAC) for the upcoming year.
The council members serve on local boards of education throughout the state and represent each of the seven Supreme Court judicial districts. In addition, there are three at-large members.
- 1st Supreme Court District – Joe “David” Webster, Simpson County; term expires 1/1/15
- 2nd Supreme Court District – Greg Hunsaker, Henderson County; term expires 1/1/16
- 3rd Supreme Court District – Gretchen Cole, Somerset Independent; term expires 1/1/15
- 4th Supreme Court District – Debbie Thomas Wessland, Jefferson County;
term expires 1/1/16
- 5th Supreme Court District – Donna Crain Drury, Anderson County; term expires 1/1/15
- 6th Supreme Court District – Paula Jolly, Walton-Verona Independent; term expires 1/1/16
- 7th Supreme Court District – Donna Wilson, Montgomery County; term expires 1/1/15
- At-Large – Larry Dodson, Oldham County; term expires 1/1/16
- At-Large – Mark Ross, Pendleton County; term expires 1/1/15
- At-Large – Michelle New, Franklin County; term expires 1/1/16
The Local School Board Member Advisory Council will meet and discuss how the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) initiatives and decisions made at the state level are affecting local boards of education and districts throughout Kentucky.