Simpson County Schools
MOTTO: “A great place to learn, where Kids Matter Most!”
VISION: To be a world-class educational system empowering all students to graduate LIFE-READY - academically and socially prepared for college and/or careers!
MISSION: To develop each child to their fullest potential and prepare them for the next level of life!
Our mission is driven by five fundamental guiding questions:
- How do we develop positive, professional relationships with our students, their families, and one another?
- How do we ensure all students are taught the standards and skills needed to be college and/or career ready in the 21st Century?
- How do we measure the progress of our students to these standards and skills?
- How do we provide interventions for students who are struggling to achieve our learning goals?
- How do we enrich and stretch the learning of our students who are meeting or exceeding our learning goals?
- All students can learn and succeed.
- All students can graduate college and/or career ready.
- Everyone has strengths to build on.
- Relationships that are healthy and positive will lead to increased student learning achievement.
- We can empower every child to discover the “leader in me.”
- 21st Century skill development is essential for success.
- All staff members can contribute in important and meaningful ways to the development and care of our students.
- The community is a source of support, guidance, and resources for our schools. Our schools are a source of pride, resources, and connection in the community.
- All students will develop the knowledge and skills to be academically and socially prepared for college and/or careers by graduation.
- All schools will achieve outcomes on the state accountability system that place the school and SCS in the Top 25% of the state.
- All students will have an adult in the school that they trust and who they know cares about them and their success.
- All staff members are engaged and committed to the SCS Vision/Mission and making a difference in the lives of our students and others in our school community
- All students and staff will develop the “leader in me” to live a principle-centered life. These principles of effectiveness will enrich our lives, relationships, and effectiveness in all aspects of life.
Franklin Elementary - 24 certified staff/338 students (14.08:1)
Simpson Elementary - 49 certified staff/657 students (13.41:1)
Lincoln Elementary – 32 certified staff/429 students (13.41:1)
F-S Middle School – 50 certified staff/717 students (14.34:1)
F-S High School – 66 certified staff/893 students (13.53:1)
Learning Opportunities Center – 5 certified staff/23 students (4.6:1)
For complete facts... download QUICK FACTS
For more school news, check out our Facebook page:
We utilize multiple measures to gauge the progress of our students and schools. We call these our Simpson County Benchmark of Success